Damaged dryer ducts, and dryer vents constructed of unsafe materials, are a fire and health hazard in your home. Damaged vents also release potential mold-creating moisture and lint that may cause allergies or other health hazards. Broken or improperly sealed joints on gas dryers can allow carbon monoxide (a poisonous, colorless, odorless gas) to enter your home. At Dryer Vent Guardian, our professional dryer vent repair ensures that vent materials are in compliance with the recommendations and requirements set forth by one or more of the following: current IRC (International Residential Code), IBC ( international building code) IMC (international mechanical code) Underwriters Laboratory, dryer manufacturers, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the National Fire Protection Association.
Common Dryer Vent Repairs
• Replacing foil or vinyl vent duct with rigid metal venting materials
• Removing duct taped joints, and Re-taping joints with foil tape
• Replacing missing or broken duct supports
• Repairing breaks in line
• Removing prohibited fasteners or screws that protrude into exhaust ducts
• Replacing broken termination outlets
• Updating vents to meet code compliance
Call us today at 1-866-423-VENT, to schedule your dryer vent inspection/evaluation and cleaning service.